Friday 29 August 2014

Holiday Stitching - Winter Reflections Hardanger

I have just spent the last 10 days on Ile de Re, a beautiful island off the west coast of France, just over the bridge from la Rochelle.  What a beautiful place, full of sunshine and the most beautiful light in which to stitch.

Last month I designed a little hardanger pincushion ...


Winter Reflections Pincushion
... so over the course of the holiday I decided to design a piece to go with it.  I had origially thought of turning it into a needle book, but when it was finished I decided it would look just perfect mounted on the lid of a hand-painted box.

Winter Reflections Box Top
Now I have a box for my pincushion and other stitching bits and pieces.  Both designs were stitched on 28 count Antique White evenweave using DMC perle #8 no 712.


And here is what I did with the inside of the box - I lined it with some scrummy chocolate coloured silk fabric.






Inside of the box
The Pincushion and Box Top designs (chart only) are available to purchase from my Etsy shop  https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheCommonThread1





No comments:

Post a Comment