Sunday 23 November 2014

Southern Counties Lacemakers Fair 2014 and Jenny Adin-Christie

This is the first time that I have had a stand at this fair and I am so glad I did!  The running of the fair has been taken over by Julie Snowden and hats off to her as I think it was a great success.  About 700 shoppers passed through the doors!  Here are some pictures of what my stand looked like.





However, the highlight of the fair for me was meeting Jenny Adin-Christie http://www.jennyadin-christieembroidery.co.uk/and having the opportunity to see her work "in real life".  I love Whitework embroidery, so to see Jenny's stitched pieces was a delight.  But, I also love Stumpwork and found the detail in her embroidered pieces quite amazing.  She very kindly allowed me to take photographs so that I could share them on my blog.  I think my favourite piece of embroidery was the book cover that depicted The Owl and the Pussycat, but then the other pieces were just as exquisite. Here are some of the pictures I took, they are not brilliant as the lights in the hall were very large and bright and kept reflecting off the glass in the picture frames.  However, they should give you a taste of what Jenny has created over the years.







No comments:

Post a Comment